The 2019 River Festival
Just a quick email with some information on this years river festival.
The dates for the 2019 river festival are August 14th – 18th.
The plan is the same as previous years (with a few tweaks to make it a little better) the main aim of the 5 days is to have some fun, try new things and take part in a slalom race.
The programme is –
Wednesday – Arrive anytime, set up tents and fill in any forms. No food is provided on the Wednesday but there are lots of options in the village. Registration is open from 5pm – 8pm.
Thursday – A continental breakfast will be available and the first groups will start heading out on the water from 9am. If you are planning on arriving and registering on Thursday then this is still fine and you can join in the afternoon sessions. Lunch and evening meal will also be provided on Thursday.
Friday – Will be the same as Thursday two sessions a day with breakfast, Lunch and evening meal provided. Evening sessions also on Friday these include river swim, Arking, rafting etc.
Saturday – Race day, for those in division 2 and 3 we will have a course set on the river. For those that are new to slalom or in division 4 we will have a course set on the lake. Start list will be published on Friday.
Sunday – Sunday is funday, just lots of fun sessions based around the river. We will also hold another division 4 race on the lake.
* We will also have Coasteering sessions each day.
The price is –
(FULL TICKET) £70 for the 5 days including, camping, food and coaching. (OR)
(PER DAY) £20 per day including, camping, food and coaching. (OR)
(JUST CAMP / SPECTATE) £5 per night just for camping. (OR)
(JUST CAMP / SPECTATE / FOOD) £15 per day including camping and food.
All River Festival helpers are Free
*Extra bits you should know about –
1) This year we are looking to go a bit greener so we will not be supplying throw away plates, cups and cutlery so please bring your own, We will have an upgraded wash up facility for you to use.
2) To keep with the 2018 environmentally friendly river festival we will not be providing the 500 plastic bottles of water like usual years so please bring a water bottle or cups with you. Lots of places are available to refill.
3) Kayathlon – We will be holding an extra event on Saturday evening after prize giving has finished this event is our kayathlon. Full race information will be available on race day but it is basically a kayak on the lake over a set course, run to the bridge, swim across the river, run up to the pool, complete 10 lengths, run back to the bridge, swim back, run to the wooden bridge, swim the river, run around the park, swim back across the river, run around the lake and finish 🙂 £5 entry this goes to the swimming pool to help keep it open.
4) Food – This year we will be supplying an extra breakfast on Thursday morning and an extra lunch on Thursday lunchtime, we will also start the event a day earlier to allow people more time to register. We will however not be supplying a cooked breakfast anymore but there will be lots of cereals, toast and hot drinks available. Lunch will be sandwiches and cakes and the evening meals we will have a few options.
5) Evening activities – As with previous river festivals we will have the usual evening sessions with river swimming, freestyle, raft fun and Arking. You can enter these when you arrive.
6) Coasteering – If the weather and sea conditions look good then we will have coasteering options each day.
7) Volunteers – The river festival relies on the help of volunteers so if you are available to help in the kitchen or on the water let us know.
8) Camping – You can camp anywhere on the field try and fill from the outside inwards so we don’t have any empty spots on the field.
9) Equipment – We will supply all the kayaking equipment including kayaks, paddles, wetsuits, b’Aids, helmets etc etc but if you have your own kit bring it along (Just in case we run out)
If you are a gold member of the club you get a 50% discount on prices shown.
For further information just call the centre on 01559363209 or 07900570440.
Happy Paddling from all at Llandysul Paddlers